Back in Massage Monday #271 I did a video on green tea mask with bentonite clay. Recently I got a notification from Amazon about a possible health issue with the 100% pure Best Bentonite Clay that I used in the video and I was compelled to share this today.
According to FDA this particular product has been found to have an “elevated lead levels and may pose a lead poisoning risk” which “can cause serious damage to the central nervous system, kidneys, and immune system.”
However according to the seller’s site bestbentonite.com the trace amount of lead in the clay is safe.
The seller says he has been using this product for over 10 years and there’s no sign of lead poisoning in his blood test results.
While I appreciate the notification I do question FDA’s tie with pharmaceuticals and approving their drugs for so many millions of dollars even with the side effects including death. And while I appreciate the educational information provided on the seller’s site, I am still not quite convinced about the safety yet.
So for now I stopped using the product and I got the refund from Amazon. I need to do more research about the safety of the lead levels in the bentonite clay before I can resume using the bentonite clay with confidence. I’ll include the links below so you can see them yourself. It’s always good to do your own research because after all everything you see and hear in this world is someone’s opinion.