Acupressure Points for Before and After Thanksgiving Meal
Here comes the season of temptations and possible binge! In the past I have posted acupressure points for common issues. I have compiled the ones that are useful for Thanksgiving and the holiday season for the ease of browsing.
Here are acupressure points to control appetite, acid reflux, food coma, and constipation to treat yourself before and after the Thanksgiving meal. Good luck staying healthy during the holiday season!
Acupressure Points to Control Appetite, Acid Reflux, Indigestion, Heartburn, and Food Coma
Today I’m going to share some acupressure points that are useful for Thanksgiving. The first set is to control appetite. The second set is for indigestion such as stomachache, acid reflux and heartburn.
To control appetite – press these points 20-30 min before the meal. Press these points for one minute as you breathe deeply.
• Triple Warmer 17 (TW 17) – Soft spot behind the earlobe
• Cartilage in front of the ear – pinch the depression with thumb and index finger
For indigestion – Do not press these points when you are too full because you may make it worse. Wait at least 30 min after you eat. Press these points gently as you breathe out.
• Central Vessel 6 (CV 6) – Two finger widths below the belly button. Good for stomachache and bloatedness.
• Central Vessel 12 (CV 12) – Half way between the base of the sternum and navel. Good for acid reflux and heartburn.
Bonus point: If you need to get out of Turkey food coma, press the point under the nose (1/3 from the nose towards the upper lip on the philtrum) to wake yourself up.
Acupressure Points for Constipation
Today I’m going to share some acupressure points for constipation. The ones that you can easily press on your hands and arms.
- Large Intestine 4 (LI 4)* – between the thumb and index finger (*Avoid if pregnant!)
- Large Intestine 11 (LI 11) – the end of the elbow crease
- Heart 7 (H 7) – in the wrist crease at the base between the ring finger and the pinky finger on the left hand. Gently stroke towards the finger for 10 times. Gradually increase the intensity and the number of strokes if you don’t see anything happening.
These acupressure points will help activate the peristalsis which is the wavelike movement in the intestine. I do feel something happening just by doing this. Hope this helps with your evacuation process.